Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 117

Thread: So I'm watching this town hall...

  1. #61
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    some medical places make you have insurance before they will even see you. thats sad.
    It's also illegal for a hospital to do that.



    Gotch--- I have never said that some type of reform doesn't need to be done but what they are trying to do is not it. It has been proven all over the world that government run healthcare is terrible and doesn't work.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  2. #62
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    It has been proven all over the world that government run healthcare is terrible and doesn't work.
    Yeah! I mean...wtf does THIS GUY know about anything? It's not like he's some sort of astrophysicist or anything. Dude's an idiot.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #63
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    I wonder what different high level care he received with NHS that he wouldn't have here in the US?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #64
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I wonder what different high level care he received with NHS that he wouldn't have here in the US?
    Dunno--but the point is that he was covered under England's NHS, when in America he would have either had to have had an insurance policy on his own (and quite possibly turned down b/c of his fragile state), or pay full price for healthcare.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #65
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    Dunno--but the point is that he was covered under England's NHS, when in America he would have either had to have had an insurance policy on his own (and quite possibly turned down b/c of his fragile state), or pay full price for healthcare.

    But he says he wouldn't be alive without the NHS system. Seems a bit far fetched to me.


    As a whole theres no perfect system. Single payer systems are not the answer IMO, and I do agree that our system needs tweeking. I think a system like the Dutch have is probably more in line for what the US needs.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #66
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    But he says he wouldn't be alive without the NHS system.
    He's an award winning astrophysicist and probably rich enough to afford what medical care he needed--so it probably is a bit of hyperbole. BUT--he has insurance thru NHS that covered him, when he would have either a) been turned down on his private insurance policy in America, or b) would have had to pay for it out of pocket at full price.

    Instead, he was covered by NHS and he didn't have to worry about affording it or if something would or wouldn't be covered.

    As a whole theres no perfect system.
    Now you're starting to sound like me regarding everything govt related.

    The biggest problem with these shout-down protestors that are backed by big insurance funded GOP PAC's is that the conversation doesn't even get to occur. The plan as it currently is probably isn't perfect--nothing will be. But will it be better than what we all have now? Probably. If we improve to a point that we can continue to tweak it to be better, is that a good thing? Yes.

    But we can't even talk about it for people shouting "I want my America back" b/c a black guy got elected president. That's the real root of a lot of this...along with the money trail, there's still some racist overtones to a lot of the protesting that occurs.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    It's also illegal for a hospital to do that.

    thats why i didnt say hospitals, i said medical places. some rehab centers, specialty centers, etc...


    ok Beast, what do you think we should do? should we keep the system thats in place?
    do we really need to even change anything?

    do you have insurance thru your job, or do you pay for private insurance?

  8. #68
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Are you getting as bad as jr to only read and see what you want to in a post? In the same post you got the quote from, and yes it does say that I edited the post and what i edited was I accidentally left out the "doesn't".

    Gotch--- I have never said that some type of reform doesn't need to be done but what they are trying to do is not it.
    Not that it makes any difference but I pay for private insurance.

    Tuesday in New Hampshire talking about universal healthcare--"The point is government pays for everything like medicare for all. That is a single payer plan, I have not said that I was a single payer supporter because frankly we historically have had a employer based system in this country with private insurers. And for us to transition to a system like that would be to disruptive."

    2003 (not got an exact day) at AFLCIO conference--"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal healthcare plan, that's what I would like to see."


    March 24, 2007 in front of SEIU union--"my commitment is to make sure that we got universal healthcare for all americans by the end of my first term as president. I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can't go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. (now here's the good part) But I don't think we are going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately.

    If there is a bigger I'll just say what they want to hear now nevermind what I said yesterday or what I am gonna say tommorow, person alive I would like for them to be pointed out.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Are you getting as bad as jr to only read and see what you want to in a post? In the same post you got the quote from, and yes it does say that I edited the post and what i edited was I accidentally left out the "doesn't".



    Not that it makes any difference but I pay for private insurance.

    Tuesday in New Hampshire talking about universal healthcare--"The point is government pays for everything like medicare for all. That is a single payer plan, I have not said that I was a single payer supporter because frankly we historically have had a employer based system in this country with private insurers. And for us to transition to a system like that would be to disruptive."

    2003 (not got an exact day) at AFLCIO conference--"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal healthcare plan, that's what I would like to see."


    March 24, 2007 in front of SEIU union--"my commitment is to make sure that we got universal healthcare for all americans by the end of my first term as president. I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can't go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. (now here's the good part) But I don't think we are going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately.

    If there is a bigger I'll just say what they want to hear now nevermind what I said yesterday or what I am gonna say tommorow, person alive I would like for them to be pointed out.
    but in the post in question, you didnt say what you thought should be done, all you said is changes need to be made. I asked what changes you would make, how you would address the problem.
    i can read, im not stupid.

    paying for private insurance is the best bet nowadays, and im sure its worked well for you, it usually does.
    not everyone is that lucky to be able to afford it/qualify.
    those are the people who are really suffering in this mess.
    ill admit im not the best person to say look at both sides, but its only fair.

  10. #70
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    My husband has diabetes and is on the insulin pump. The pump supplies and the insulin alone are very expensive to pay for without insurance. We currently have no insurance at all. The place where my husband works does not offer it and the job where I work has an insurance that I don't quite understand because it is not regular insurance. I have been shopping around for insurance but it is very frustrating and all the prices are very expensive also.I am not worried about insurance for myself, only for my husband and son. My wishes for healthcare is :
    1. to find affordable insurance that will cover his diabetes expenses
    2. to not have any rights or healthcare decisions taken from me or my family
    3. to be able to have a shorter pre-existing coverage period
    That may not be a long wish list but it is most likely an impossible one to fulfill. This may not have much to do with the subject at hand, but I thought this was the best place to put it instead of making a new thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •